Terms and Conditions
We are dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please contact us.
Fenestration Holdings Ltd (company number 14333673); whose registered office is 124 City Road, London EC1V 2NX;
By purchasing from Fenestration Holdings Limited. it is assumed that the customer agrees to all terms and conditions.
- The Company is Fenestration Holdings Limited.
- The Purchaser is the person or their Agent buying upon their behalf and is responsible for all measurements and designs given to the Company.
- All orders are bespoke and made to measure.
B. When Purchasing Products
- All dimensions to be supplied in Metric. All designs areas viewed from the Outside at point of order.
- All units are supplied to site unglazed due to the safety requirements for Manual Handling with Glazing being provided separately.
- Orders and any changes to orders will only be acceptable and binding once confirmed in writing (Email is sufficient).
C. When Making Payments
- Payment in full must be paid to place an order. No order will be processed without a successful payment. We do not offer credit of any kind no matter the value.
- If we are delivering to you and you are paying with a Credit/Debit card it will need to be either; registered to the delivery address; or, have passed a 3D secure check (sometimes known as ‘verified by Visa’ or similar – only possible with online payments); or, you can pay by Chip and Pin at one our London branch. You can also pay by bank transfer.
- If you are collecting you can pay in cash(exact change)or credit/debit card by Chip and Pin as you collect.
10. Cheques, Bankers Draft or Printed Building Society Cheques are not accepted as cleared funds (as they can be fraudulent) and must be received by us a minimum of 10 working days before delivery/collection.
D. Delivery & Collection
11. Kerbside delivery only.
12. You will need to ensure that someone is available all day on the day of delivery that is capable of assisting the driver in offloading the goods when they arrive. They will need to be capable of lifting items of up to 25kg as we only send one driver. All units and panels are supplied to site unglazed due to the safety requirements for Manual Handling.
14. The contract turnaround period commences from the next working day after the order has been placed.
16.Time shall not be of the essence in this contract. We always use our best endeavours to deliver on the ‘Anticipated delivery date’ (shown on your copy of the order confirmation if you have chosen a delivery date prior to this being printed) or within the ‘Delivery within approximately’ timeframe (shown on your copy of the order confirmation if no
specific date has been chosen yet). In the unlikely event that something delays your delivery, we will contact you to reorganise your delivery date within a reasonable period of time. We can accept no responsibly for costs incurred should a late delivery occur.
17. We will contact you to agree a delivery date with you prior to us actually delivering. If you have any questions about your delivery date, please ring our dispatch team on 020 7459 4799.
18. We cannot give timed deliveries due to our vehicles travelling across England, Wales & Scotland. Deliveries can occur between 7:00am and 7:00pm on the day of delivery. We are unable to issue a time slot however our driver will contact you 1 hour before delivery.
19. If the Purchaser or his Agent fails to be on site for an agreed delivery, the goods may be returned to our factory for the Purchaser or his Agent to collect. If a re-delivery is required this can be arranged and there will be a re-delivery charge starting of £100 with a maximum charge of £150 depending on the amount of items ordered. Prices are inclusive of the VAT.
20. All risks with the goods shall pass to the Purchaser or his Agent upon delivery. If any goods are moved from their original delivery location we shall accept no further liability on any item. As we do not support overseas shipping should any item be handed to a shipping agent you accept that we will not offer warranty or be able to offer any aftersales support for the items. All items are to be inspected by the receiver or the agent upon our delivery.
21. The Company will do all it reasonably can to meet the delivery/collection period advised however unexpected delays can occur. In the unlikely event that these affect the Purchaser’s delivery/collection, delivery/collection will be reorganised within a reasonable period of time where possible. We accept no liability for costs incurred through a late delivery.
21.1 We do not accecpt claims for installer charges or missed installations due to a delayed or late delivery. You sould never book an installer untill the goods have been delivered and checked. Under no circumstance we will consider claims of this nature.
E. Damaged Goods
22. Should a defect occur with the goods due to the fault of the Company, we will give you appropriate options which may include a repair, replacement or partial refund. If the Company is not given a reasonable opportunity to rectify any defect, the Purchaser will not be reimbursed should he choose to rectify it himself or with a third party. Should any items be installed the customer surrendered all rights to repair or replacement.
23. The Company reserves the right, in agreement with the Purchaser, to request an Independent Inspection of any allegedly defective goods, or to carry out a mutually agreed inspection to identify whether the goods have been properly installed, used, maintained, stored or serviced. The Company reserves the right to make a charge to cover any reasonable costs if the goods have not been properly used, installed, maintained, stored or serviced.
24. After delivery of the goods the Purchaser shall examine them as soon as reasonably possible and before removing any existing windows and doors or commencing installation. The Company should be notified of any fault, damage or missing items as soon as reasonably possible in writing either by post to Customer Services, Fenestration Holdings Limited 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, or email email@example.com. We will request photos which clearly illustrate any defect to determine its cause prior to rectification. The invoiced customer (named person on order) will need to make contact and please include your order number so we are able to locate your order. It will take longer for the issues to be sorted with no job number.
F. When Installing
25. We recommend that a competent or qualified FENSA installer carries out the installation of the goods supplied. Please ensure that the general guidelines supplied with the delivery for the fitting of the goods are read and understood before commencing or organising installation. If in doubt please contact the Company’s Customer Service department by the methods stated.
26. Due to on-site handling, installation methods and the type of opening that the goods are being installed into, minor adjustments may need to be made by the installer.
27. The Company may make minor technical changes to the specification of the Purchaser’s products that will not be to the detriment of their function or appearance and will not affect the price. The Purchaser will be advised of any major changes to be approved by the Purchaser, or the Company will refund the Purchaser in full.
28. Before commencing your installation or hiring a third party to install your product, please ensure that the goods have been physically delivered, examined and checked for design details and sizes. Check that all parts are present and correct so that in the unlikely event that parts may be missing, wrong or damaged you ensure we have reasonable time* to arrange the delivery of the new parts before you commence installation, confirm an assembly date or prior to engaging a third party to carry out the installation. (*Please note that a reasonable time would typically be within one to two weeks assuming replacement parts are in stock, however if we have to order or manufacture parts then the time frame will be longer). Should you use a third party to carry out the installation please ensure that you give them sufficient time to familiarise themselves with and check the materials before committing to an installation date.
G. Order Changes and Cancellations
29. This order can be cancelled but as all windows, doors and other products are manufactured to the Purchaser’s specific requirements and cannot be resold, all costs incurred by the Company up to the point of cancellation including but not limited to manufacture of the goods will be chargeable. If you cancel your order within 24 hours of making payment you will receive a full refund. Any notification of cancellation must be made in a clear statement in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
30. Any and all changes made to orders will be chargeable to the Purchaser at the cost of those changes as each item is bespoke. This reasonable charge will vary dependent upon the progress already made with the original order prior to any change, and the nature of the change. The costs incurred by the Company are not just limited to manufacturing and physical production costs. We reserve the right to charge an additional £25 administration fee for amending any order after the initial 24hour period has passed, where the order can be amended.
31. Should the Purchaser become aware that they need to change their order, whether or not the extent of the change required is unknown, the Purchaser must request in writing that the order is placed ‘on hold’ so that no further processes are carried out by the Company. The order will only be taken ‘off hold’ once the Purchaser confirms their changes, if any, in writing.
32. The turnaround period will be restarted from the next working day after the Company is informed of any change to the order by the Purchaser. The turnaround period may change in length depending on the type of changes made. In such cases, the Purchaser will be notified of the turnaround period.
All custom manufactured items are exempt from Returns.
33.If any term or other provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or incapable of being enforced by any rule or law, or public policy it will be severed from the Agreement. All other terms and provisions of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
34. We are confident with our product and prices that we are offering a price promise. We believe that “You won’t find the same quality product, level of service or price to match
35. This guarantee relates to an equivalent product, with an equivalent level of service, from a company with equivalent history (10 years trading or more) for a lower amount. Please provide us with a copy of a quote or website so we can verify the details.
36.We retain the right to refuse this offer. Sash windows not included.
J. Reaching us
37.If you need to reach us, prior to delivery please call us on: 020 7459 4799, or
Write to us at: Fenestration Holdings Limited, 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX
For all post-delivery enquires please write to us detailing your query through either: e-mail at email@example.com or post your enquiry to the above address this will enable us to comprehend your query and respond appropriately and professionally. Please refer to our website for Customer Services opening times.
38.We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
L. Credit Card Security
39.Our form pages are secured using High Level 128-bit SSL Encryption. Credit card payments are processed by Elevon (formally Sage Pay) over the phone, or STRIPE using 3D Secure for all website orders using secure servers. All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed and are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
40.If any term or other provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or incapable of being enforced by any rule or law, or public policy it will be severed from the Agreement. All other terms and provisions of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
41.Upon receiving your goods, we recommend you follow the installation instructions carefully step by step, as we will not be held liable for damage claims due to incorrect assembly. Our Guarantees do not include cover the following should the product fail or not perform due to the following: failure to correctly assemble the goods as per the assembly instructions, wilful damage, negligence and incorrect use. If you cannot locate your instructions please check the customer log in area on our website to download your instructions or contact our customer services department at firstname.lastname@example.org
O. Force Majeure
42.Under these Terms & Conditions “Force Majeure” is defined as any cause beyond our control including, but not limited to, War, Act of God, Act of Terrorism, Fire, Flood, Explosion, Natural Catastrophes, Civil/Military Disturbances, Strikes, Theft or Weather.
43.We will not be held liable or responsible for any failure or delay in our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the failure or delay is caused by Force Majeure.
Window and door frames are guaranteed against defective workmanship and/or defective materials for a period of 10 years starting from the date of delivery.
Sealed units are guaranteed against defective workmanship and/or defective materials for a period of 5 years starting from the date of delivery.
Fascias, soffits, bargeboards, guttering, locks, handles and other moving parts are guaranteed against defective workmanship and/or materials for a period of 2 years starting from the date of delivery.
Conservatory bases are guaranteed against defective workmanship and/or materials for a period of 5 years starting from date of delivery.
The following exclusions apply to the Guarantee;
This guarantee does not cover any accidental damage (including glass breakage), blockages, wear and tear, misuse of the product and any faults associated to condensation.
This guarantee does not cover any problems associated with fading or discolouration
This guarantee does not cover any problems associated with the penetration of insects, misting and mould growth
This guarantee does not cover any problem in the event the consumer fails to adequately maintain the product or misuses the product
The choice of whether materials are either repaired or replaced is at the sole discretion of the Installing Company. This guarantee is not transferable.
- Any claim must be made in writing and accompanied with a proof of purchase, details of failure and photographic evidence of failure.
- The products must have been correctly installed and only subject to normal domestic use and maintenance. This includes ensuring that drainage holes are kept free of obstruction and that packers are used underneath the sealed unit to hold the sealed unit up from the bottom of the sash.
- No Guarantee is offered on products subject to abuse, negligence, improperuse, modifications or attachment to equipment other than our own.
- The territorial scope of this agreement is the United Kingdom Only.
1. Any sealed unit with broken glass or seals that have been tampered with.
Guarantor’s name and address:
Fenestration Holdings Limited
124 City Road
Understanding the Order Confirmation 1. Items:
Preview Image – Preview image of the item, viewed as specified by “Viewed from”. Chevrons denote opening sashes with the point denoting the hinged side.
O/A Sizes – This is the overall size of the product, including any cill.
Dimensions – All dimensions should be provided in mm. We will not accept liability for
incorrect sizes should measurements be provided a different way.
Transom / Mullion / Sash – This is the type of profile we use for the transom, mullion
Cill (if specified) – This is the cill option chosen. Options are 150mm, 180mm and 85mm. An 85mm cill is a “Stub cill”
Trickle Vent (if specified) – This will say where they ventilator is located (in the Sash by default) and how big each will be. 2000 trickle vents have a ventilation area of
2000mm2 and 4000 trickle vents have a ventilation area of 4000mm2.
Colour / Sash Colour / Cill Colour – The colour of the item, White, Light Oak on White, Rosewood on White or Rosewood. Rosewood on White and Light Oak on White will always be made with the wood grain on the outside. Images may show inside colour but this is only as a guide and is not a literal demonstration of where the colour will be.
Handle – The type and colour of the handle. An “Espag” handle corresponds to the espagnolette locking heads used on most windows. Lev/Lev refers to a door handle with a lever on both sides. Lev/Pad refers to handle with a pad on one side and a level on the other.
Casement Locking – Espag for espagnolette locking or Shootbolt for Shootbolt locks.
Viewed from – The direction the item is viewed from in the preview design. Normally as “Viewed from Outside” but for some items, the item needs to be “flipped” for manufacture. These items will say “Viewed from the Inside”. Special care must be taken for these items to ensure the design, opening direction and hinges side are as desired.
Open In/Out – Whether the item opens inwards or outwards.
Glazed in/Out – Whether the glass is put in from the inside or the outside. Trans/Mull – How the item is put together, with welded joints.
All Round Locking (if specified) – All round locking option.
Door Hinge – Door hinge type, normally a “Flag hinge” and colour.
Door Lock – Type of lock barrel specified.
Fixing Pack (if specified) – Fixing Pack if specified.
Total Price – Price shown for each item is ex VAT unless specified.
Glazing Details & Apertures
4-20-4 – This refers to the thickness of the sealed units we use, 4mm glass pane, 20mm space and another 4mm glass pane.
Clear / Obs / Tuff – Refers to if the glass is clear or obscure, or Tuff for toughened glass.
Georgian Bar / Diamond Lead / Square Lead – Glass decoration options 18mm Bar White, 9mm Lead Silver – Thickness and colour of glass decoration